Terms of Business
1. The contract/order confirmation between CowGoMoo Web Solutions Ltd and the
Client (You) will be corresponding with the latest terms and conditions, the
order confirmation must be signed and agreed by both the Client and CowGoMoo Web
Solutions Ltd. These conditions exclude all other terms and conditions.
2. CowGoMoo Web Solutions Ltd will only commence work on a project after an
agreed deposit has been paid. The final payment is to be made on completion of
the Project. In the case of a website it will only be switched to a Live Site
once the Clients remaining balance is paid in full.
3. A signed Order Confirmation means the Client has read the terms and
confitions and is happy to commence with the Project. If for any reason a Client
decides they do not want to continue a Project an Invoice for the amount of work
completed will be issued. By signing an order Confirmation the Client is
agreeing to pay this invoiced amount in full. This amount will never exceed the
total amount quoted for in the Order Confirmation.
4. Any Invoices issued by CowGoMoo Web Solutions Ltd must be paid within 28
days. Any different payment terms will be outlined in the Order
5. The deposit paid to CowGoMoo Web Solutions Ltd part covers the cost of any
design and development work carried out. It is not possible to refund a deposit
once CowGoMoo Web Solutions Ltd has carried out any work on the
Project. After this period CowGoMoo Web Solutions Ltd reserve the right to
decide whether a refund is applicable if requested by the Client for any
6. If a client does not supply all necessary Content within 7 days of
CowGoMoo Web Solutions Ltd requesting it the project will automatically be put
7. If a project is put on hold by the client for any longer than 7 days, the
final payment will be due within a further 28 days. However, in some
Circumstances CowGoMoo Web Solutions Ltd may decide, at their discretion to
increase the amount of time that the project can be put on hold. This will
subsequently be confirmed in writing.
8. CowGoMoo Web Solutions Ltd shall expect the client to carry out sufficient
research before proceeding with a Project. This will include checking that the
Project / idea / business will operate legally within the UK law. CowGoMoo Web
Solutions Ltd cannot be held liable for any illegal activities or Content
involved with Project as it is the sole responsibility of the Client.
9. Where images used on a Project that have been purchased by CowGoMoo Web
Solutions Ltd on behalf of the client, these images are strictly for use on the
Project only. CowGoMoo Web Solutions Ltd is not liable for the misuse of these
images by the client or any other person/s copying, altering or distributing the
images to individuals or other organisations.
10. CowGoMoo Web Solutions Ltd will provide Hosting for the Clients’
website/s on receipt of payment of the Hosting Fees. In doing so we will provide
reliable and professional service to the client but cannot guarantee that the
website hosting will be available at all times, especially in the event of
technical failure beyond our control. The hosting provider used to host our
clients websites is monitored 24 hours a day and 7 days a week by qualified
support engineers. If a problem is detected with our clients website due to a
hosting failure CowGoMoo Web Solutions Ltd will endeavour to respond to any
failures and will work with our hosting provider to resolve the problem
11. CowGoMoo Web Solutions Ltd cannot be held liable for any losses that
occur to the client as a result of a service provided by CowGoMoo Web Solutions
Ltd. CowGoMoo Web Solutions Ltd reserves the right to decide whether any
compensation is due.
12. Where CowGoMoo Web Solutions Ltd has been asked to provide search engine
optimisation for a Client, we do not guarantee any specific placement or ranking
on search engines.
13. CowGoMoo Web Solutions Ltd may use Open Source Software in the case of
14. CowGoMoo Web Solutions Ltd will provide the Client with an estimated
project completion date for the Live Site if requested. We will aim to meet any
given deadline but cannot guarantee and are not bound in any way to complete the
project by this date. If for whateaver reason this project completion date is
not meet CowGoMoo Web Solutions Ltd will not be liable for any liabilities/costs
15. Quotations and proposals are valid for 30 days of reciept, returned order
confirmation after this date will may not be accepted as a conformation of
1. All Content is to be supplied by the Client unless otherwise specified in
the order conformation. Any content supplied will remain in the legal ownership
and copyright issues are of liability to the Client.
2. All Content displayed on the Clients Project will be authorised by the
Client and is the sole responsibility of the Client regarding usage and
copyright. Any legal issues arising from the content supplied are sole
responsibility of the Client and therefore the Client is liable.
3. All Domains registered by CowGoMoo Web Solutions Ltd will be registered to
the client. The client is the legal owner of the domain and if they request to
have details changed or the domain transferred elsewhere CowGoMoo Web Solutions
Ltd will do this within 10 working days.
4. If a domain name is not purchased through CowGoMoo Web Solutions Ltd we
cannot reregister this when it reaches its expiry date. CowGoMoo Web Solutions
Ltd is not liable if the Client has not registered their domain when close to
the expiry date resulting in the website name becoming unavailable.
5. CowGoMoo Web Solutions Ltd is not liable for the loss of any domains
registered, as it is down to the client to make sure renewal of these items is
up to date.
6. Renewal for hosting is done on a yearly basis. Payment must be received
within 28 days or the hosting service will have to be terminated. In the event
of this happening a backup of the website will be made and this is available to
7. Any Project files created by CowGoMoo Web Solutions Ltd for a Client are
the legal property of that Client, providing the payment terms have been met and
will be supplied to the Client within 10 working days. CowGoMoo Web Solutions
Ltd will provide copies of all project files to that client. In the case of a
website the Project itself will be supplied within this period but a Live Site
time period cannot be guaranteed as outlined in “CowGoMoo Web Solutions Ltd
Terms, section 10″
8. If a Project is unable to be completed to the specification outlined in
the order confirmation due to an error on CowGoMoo Web Solutions Ltd’s behalf a
refund to the client will be issued depending on the extent the Project is
Definition of our terminology as used within this document
a. A Project is any work undertaken or
service provided by CowGoMoo Web Solutions Ltd for the client on their request.
All projects are confirmed by the client in the way of a signed order
confirmation which is usually supplied with a quotation.
a. A Client is a person, persons, business or
organisation using any of the services provided by CowGoMoo Web Solutions
3. ‘Payment Period’
a. The payment period is the time
allowed by CowGoMoo Web Solutions Ltd for receipt of the monies owed to CowGoMoo
Web Solutions Ltd by the client.
a. Where a project is paused as a result of the
5. ‘Live Site’
a. A Live Site is the date when the
website is available on the clients chosen domain.
a. Domain is the website address as specified
by the client.
7. ‘Open Source Software’
a. Open Source Software is
software made freely available to anyone under the GNU General Public Licence
8. ‘Hosting Fees’
a. Hosting fees are a yearly cost
necessary to keep client’s website active online.
9. ‘ Content’
a. Content is both text and images supplied
by the client for the project.
10. ‘Normal Business Hours’
a. Our Normal business hours
are: 10 to 6 Monday to Friday.
11. ‘Order Confirmation’
a. An order Confirmation is a
binding contract between CowGoMoo Web Solutions Ltd and the